Oxnard Retaining Wall
Looking forward to constructing a retaining wall for your property? We can certainly help you out. If you are living anywhere in and around the Oxnard area, get in touch with us today for any concrete and masonry related services!
Reach us by dialing (805) 600-5825 for free quotes.
What is a Retaining Wall?
A retaining wall is a special kind of a wall constructed to hold back an enormous amount of soil. As you can guess from the name itself, the basic job of a retaining wall is to retain back soil, so that it does not start eroding. They are usually built at places where there is a slope, and the soil has a scope of sliding down due to gravitational forces. Since retaining walls need to be very strong, materials like concrete, boulders, rocks, wood, etc. are used for making them. Owing to the numerous advantages offered by concrete, most people prefer to build a concrete retaining wall for their properties.
Types of Retaining Walls
Retaining walls can be of various types. Let’s have a look.
These walls lean back towards the soil and hold it back with a stronghold. Gravity retaining walls are usually very heavy to provide maximum support. Traditionally, gravity walls were short in height, but nowadays, you will come across plenty of tall walls as well.
Cantilevered walls are constructed in the shape of the letter T. They are also extremely strong, but not necessarily as heavy as a gravity retaining wall.
Nowadays, a lot of city contractors prefer to build diaphragm walls for properties, mainly for the great support it offers. But when compared with other types of walls, diaphragm walls are a tad too costly to install. Water cannot pass through these walls, so they are of great value, without a doubt.
These types of walls provide an extra layer of support to ensure that the wall stays in place. In most cases, cables are attached to the retaining wall to provide more strength. These walls are necessary when a lot of load needs to be retained.
If you have any confusion or queries regarding retaining walls, remember that we are just a call away, dial (805) 600-5825!
Advantages of Retaining Wall
- A retaining wall helps in preventing soil erosion.
- When you install a retaining wall, you don’t have to worry about your property getting flooded.
- A retaining wall requires almost zero maintenance.
- It works as a protective barrier to keep the soil in place.
- It adds a lot of stability and value to your property. In the future, if you ever plan to sell out your property, your property will surely have a high value in the market.
- Retaining walls are highly durable.
- They add a lot of aesthetic touch to your property. You can choose a design according to your personal preference. A lot of people prefer to opt for decorative concrete or colored concrete, to render a visually pleasing finish to it.
- Last but not least, a well-made retaining wall shields your property against all kinds of external natural forces.
Why Hire Pro Oxnard Concrete?
Building a sturdy retaining wall in Oxnard is not easy at all. It needs to be of the right material; it needs to have the correct design and build to ensure that it lasts long, and many other technicalities need to be taken care of to ensure that the structure is strong and resilient time. And let us tell you, not everyone can create the perfect retaining wall for your property. At Pro Oxnard Concrete, we have years of experience at handling such tasks. Our team is equipped with the best concrete workers who possess the skills, expertise, and knowledge required to carry out such a crucial job.
So make a wise choice for yourself, and hire us now, dial (805) 600-5825!